EIFS Starter Track
- Use at the bottom of EIFS systems.
- Will not rust
- 8 foot length
- Weep holes located at the bottom for system drainage.
- Drip Edge Option
- PVC material conforming to ASTM standards D1784, C1063 and D4216-99
Galvanized Metal Vinyl EIFS Stucco Starter Track
It is important to use a starter track if you have EIFS stucco system installed in your house. It will be more advantageous if it is galvanized metal vinyl EIFS stucco starter track.
What is starter track?
Galvanized Metal Vinyl EIFS Stucco Starter Track is a piece of track designed with weep openings and small holes that can move away the moisture from the main openings. This is primarily used around door and window entrance which has dampness drainage along the walls’ foundations.
What is galvanized metal?
Galvanized metal is an example of steel in that caters thin coating of zinc oxide-an example of inorganic compound materials using the formula of Zno. It is a white powder that cannot be dissolved in water. The zinc is an element responsible for steel protection.
This metal is commonly used in warships construction. It includes in producing submarines and carriers. It is said to be the best material to use for exteriors due to its salt and water vile quality.
This can also be used to build infrastructures that can stay longer. According to some, it is very usable that can last of about decades.
These qualities make possible to create excellent galvanized metal vinyl EIFS stucco starter track.
Vinyl is also an important substance that can be added in the solution of producing galvanized metal. It has the capacity to increase polarization that may lead to greater reactivity.
What are the advantages of using galvanized metal vinyl EIFS stucco starter track?
- it can be used for about 8m high or three storeys
- it can accommodate the different sizes of brick and block
- it is best suited for exterior and interior application
- it enables extended walls to join extended walls without bricks cutting
- it is a rust resistant Galvanized Metal Vinyl EIFS Stucco Starter Track
- it is used to protect the foam board edge and evade from any damages
- it is best to use in managing water leakage and air pressure
Before buying galvanized metal vinyl EIFS stucco starter track for your house use, you should know the thickness of the board suitable to your needs. The available thickness of board for starter track contains:
- 2 inches-Starter track casing no drip edge (AMST-2000)
- 1 ½ inches-starter track casing no drip edge (AMST-1500)
- 1 inch-Starter track casing no drip edge (AMST-1000)
This board thickness is being offered by a certain manufacturer. The standard length of this starter track is about 10 feet.
Easy steps to install galvanized metal vinyl EIFS stucco starter tracker:
- Locating the lowest corner of covering. Grip a tape measure on the wall and roam around the house to find the lowest corner of the wall.
- Get a measurement of 1 ½ inches above the bottom edge of the covering through tape measure. Mark it with a pencil.
- Use hammer to drive out nail towards the marked corner.
- Enclose the nail with a string and join it to its opposite corner. Repeat the same procedure across each corner of the house.
- Mark a line from nail to nail and put a dotted line between those nails.
- Get the measurement of interior and exterior width of corners.
- Get the measurement of the corner’s width and add ¼ inch from each corner. Put the upper edge of the starter tracker along the chalk marks.
- Driving the nail by a hammer at the center of the tracker with 10 or 20 inches gap. The nail’s head must be 1/3 inch or depending on the thickness of dime.
- Add starter tracker across the wall, and to the entire house. The gap measurement must be ¼ inch in between of its ends.
To protect your wall cladding from moisture leakage you should install galvanized metal vinyl EIFS stucco starter tracker, you will also the assurance to be free from rust.