- Scaffolding Outriggers
- clamps to the bottom of a scaffold tower or system to increase the base width, in order to increase the stability of the tower. choose either 30 inch width or 60 inch.
- Two very nice built-in clamps allow you to clamp the scaffold outrigger to the base tube of the scaffold, and the end has a tube that will accept either a level jack, socket leveler, or caster wheel.
Scaffolding OutriggersScaffolding OutriggersScaffolding Outriggers are not only the component of scaffolding. While scaffolding needs all the pinsand proper frame assembly in order to provide efficient support for workers, an improper installation and assembly can lead to serious accidents. For this reason, here are 10 tips for workers to follow in erecting scaffolding.
- The first thing to do in planning to build up the scaffolding is to seek for safety codes. We can consult for state and local safety codes and we should obtain a confirmation and approval from building safety bodies in order to follow security guidelines in building scaffolding.
- Do not rely on chances and guarantees when erecting scaffolding. . We should monitor the erection of the scaffolding, from the mounting of the Scaffolding Outriggers to assembly of the whole frames. Daily checking and inspection is necessary. Should there be parts that need to be removed or replaced, you should first consult the experts.
- Start the erection with a good base or footing. You can use firm base plates and footers. Mount the footers in as solid ground as you have to check that scaffolds are properly levelled and plumbed.
- If there are defective parts, do not consider them in the erection of the scaffolding. Damaged parts such as loose Scaffolding Outriggers can lead to a possible accident. However, do not self- presume for replacement. It’s important to consult the proper authorities to avoid further problems
- As of bracing, do not limit the size. Do not use short and weak braces. If possible, add extra bases to strengthen the frames.
- Make sure that the scaffolds are stabled tied on the structures of the building using reliable wires. For a rule of a thumb, the first vertical tie should be four times with the narrowest dimension of the base. If considering for additional ties, make sure it will not exceed to 26 feet vertically.
- Always use metal platforms and check out for possible breakage and cracks. Do not also overload scaffolds. You should observe the load capacity as in your safety codes.
- Do not rely for mobile scaffolds. Do not make the practice of riding to moving parts of the scaffolds. You should also be clear about the limit of scaffolds. As its height, it should be 4 times the narrowest base. Make sure all caster s are locked and all Scaffolding Outriggers are mounted properly.
- Scaffold ladders are provided for you to climb up and down. Do not step in or climb to moving braces.
- When works are accomplished overhead, do not rope unsafe areas. Always use double guard rails.
Effective erection of scaffolding does not just mean mounting the pins firmly or setting of metal braces. Erection of scaffolding should also follow erection standards. Before putting all the Scaffolding Outriggers in your scaffolding, we should always remember that scaffoldings are not only built to provide support for labourers. It is foremost designed to save lives