Scaffolding Access Ladder Bracket
In order to guarantee the safety of workers when they are climbing up and down, scaffold ladders should have scaffolding access ladder bracket. These ladder brackets support the angles of the ladder thus making it more stable. With the help of this component, workers minimize the chance of fall accidents. Here are tips in preparing and setting up of ladders.
- Do not use ladders because they have scaffolding access ladder bracket. This is not whatapproving committee mean about brackets. It does not mean that as long as ladders have supporting brackets, they are already safe to use. The best thing to do is to have the ladders inspected by competent person. Beware of painted ladders because paint can hide cracks. Throw out defective ladders.
- Check for overhead electrical wires especially for ladders that are made up of materials that are good conductor of electricity such as steels. Have the area spruced up and free from debris and other hazardous objects. Just in case you have to use ladders in driveways, make barricade and signage.
- Aside from the necessity of scaffolding access ladder bracket, make sure that the footing is properly secured to the ground and both rails are well supported to prevent the ladder from slipping. If there is a need to step on higher planks, it’s advisable to have an extension of at least 1 m above the highest platform. Watch out for slippery surfaces of the ladder.
- In climbing ladders, always maintain balance. The center of your body should be in line with the center of the ladder. Do not hold on the side rails of the ladders, the rungs serve as your grasping bars. Always make sure that you are facing the ladder when climbing. Three-points contact should always be followed, that can be, both of your hands and one foot or both feet with one hands. When climbing ladders do not have something in your hands. Raise materials or equipment’s by safety containment attached to your belt.
- Safety harness should be worn at all times. It’s not advisable to step on the top three rungs especially when your highest platform reaches 10 ft. Though ladders are supported by scaffolding access ladder bracket, don’t forget that as you go on with the top of the ladder, the possibility of slipping also increases. Safety foot wears prevent workers from slipping since they resist slips and have safety heels. Climbing the ladder when it’s wet or slippery is cautioned.
- Ladder that has single width should only be climbed by one person. Do not rush when going up or down, take some rest and step up and down as gently as possible. In worse situation, if you get dizzy while you’re on the ladder, embrace the rungs and rest your head on the rails.
The essence of using safe ladders is seldom realized unless there are accidents, it’s always better to opt for precautionary preventions. Ladders are important equipment in erecting scaffolding. However before using the ladder, let us make sure that aside from its scaffolding access ladder bracket, it should have all the necessary safety standards and altruistic workers.